Thunderbird Formula 20 from 1979
- The engine is a Caterpillar 553 gas turbine
- Max power: 490 hp, continuous power 395 hp.
- Torque 1600 Nm
- Gas producer rpm: 39700 at 395 hp, 41000 at high output.
- Idle rpm: 18000-19000. From gearbox around 1670.
- Acceleration time from idle to continuous 12 s.
- Reduction gearbox: 7.94:1
- Max rpm on outgoing shaft: 4190
- Fuel: Jet A1 or gasoline or diesel
- Fuel consumption: 0.24 kg/hp/hour equals about 120 l diesel per hour at full throttle.
- Exhaust gas temperature: Max 627 degrees C continuous. Start max 538 deg. C
- Oil pressure Gas producer 1,8-2,1 kp/cm2
- Oil temp 82-93 C
- Stern drive: Mercruiser Alpha one, reduction 1.32:1
- Quicksilver Laser II 13.5 x 25p propeller
- Weight: 1300 kg
- Top speed: 56 knots
YouTube clip 1
YouTube clip 2
YouTube clip 3
Back to Mats' homepage
This page was last modified: