The chassis is a 1983 Sportster. It deviates from stock as follows:
- Rear wheel 18"*3" Akront rim and aluminum hub from 1997 Sportster. Aluminum sprocket.
- Front wheel 19"*2½" Akront rim and HD aluminum hub.
- Koni shocks.
- Screaming Eagle fork brace.
- Progressive fork springs. Modified damper tubes.
The engine is the most modified form stage II that is still streetable. It has the following modifications:
- Dual plug heads. Ported and polished.
- 40mm modified 38 Mikunis, velocity stacks and manifolds from Branch Flowmetrics.
- Supertrapp weld on muffler tips.
- Sifton 214R .540 lift cam.
- Arias forged pistons.
- Cylinders trimmed .060, final compression 10.8:1.
- Andrews "C" ratio gearbox.
- Barnett clutch. Drilled and lightened clutch basket for improved oil flow to clutch.
- Dynatek single fire ignition. 2 Accel coils.
- Balanced flywheel assembly from 1980 year model. The rods are magnafluxed and shotpeened.
Harley-Davidson Racing Bulletin R-101B, March 14, 1986
Iron Harley, a great
sportster and race bike site.
Kaj's XR-1000 page
Back to Mats' homepage
This page was last modified: